well, i found a bag of dark and mint chocolate chips in my cupboard and a tin of hershey's cocoa in the lazy susan and made ....
Chocolate Mint Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag Nestle dark and mint chocolate chips (or cut up some Andes mints)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chips or cut up mints. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.
well, that was the adventure today. enjoy.