Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 14, 2013

SHUT UP KELLY!!!!

i must say i am slightly embarrassed at some of my previous posts...
i learned a major lesson today.
i talk TOO MUCH.

i talk and i am a really poor listener.
it was eye opening to look at someone's face while they spoke.... someone i care about so much and so honestly.... and to see the hurt and the fear and the sadness in their face.... to listen to the words they were saying and trying to say and to understand how hard it WAS for them to say....

i feel so ashamed at myself.
so ashamed for being so close minded and opinionated and selfish with my perceptions.
i would like to live in this humility more often because it definitely brought me back to a place where i want to appreciate others and let them know how much they mean to me.... to truly LISTEN to others and feel their joy or pain or excitement.

that's the kind of life i want to live.
one where i SHUT UP more.

No comments:

Post a Comment