Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 4, 2012

every scar is a story

my mind is racing
thoughts moving too fast to put the pen to the paper
layin awake
wonderin what there is left to believe in
i thought i had an idea
a vision
for somethin better
something serious
all it was was lies and turbulence
i dont want to settle for second best
so i hold out and keep hoping
for blue skies and sunshine
maybe all i need to see
is what's been buried deep inside
all that was pushed down and shoved out
spit on and turned down
maybe this is my moment
my hour
my time to get up and try
again and again and again til i get it right
knees bleeding from the falls
hands blistered from the climb
but im gonna try
again and again and again til i get it right
you wont know me like this
i wont be this way forever
right now you got the upperhand
you seem better
got your girl on your arm
while i sleep alone at nite
got money in your pocket
while im bled dry
the funny thing is man
i dont mind my cuts and scrapes
im gonna be better from all of this
im not ashamed
every scar is a story
i have no fear to recall
im gonna be better from all of this
gettin up again and again from my falls


 


No comments:

Post a Comment