Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 8, 2013

more ramblings of an insomniac

sometimes i feel like it would be better to live inside my own head,
the cryptic subtext underlying every spoken word
is so unsatisfying and unhuman
gnawing at my warm flesh

my brain feels poisoned yet heavy like a solid oak table
encompassed in dim gray lighting
playing back scenes of past events
and im sitting down watching this movie

all the parts i dont like i have no means to pass by
no remote to skip ahead to the next scene
i relive the horror in endless repeat
my eyes are burning from the sight

and all my ears can hear admist the screams and ringing
is shattering from these broken dreams
that i clench within my greedy fist
wounding these tired, overworked hands

arms so heavy laden with weights i and i alone insist upon carrying
unnecessary gratifications i refuse to set down
these non-essentials bearing down on me
with every weary step pressing forward


No comments:

Post a Comment